The Connector you develop using the Integration Framework must adhere to the rules of the API to which it connects. As you discover the API endpoints needed to perform either a query or an operation on the datastore, you must create classes that define the data structure for each object. For example, if you want to query for a TIBCO Scribe® Organization via the TIBCO Scribe® API, you must determine the structure of the Organization entity and create a class in your Visual Studio project that represents that structure.
Using an example from the TIBCO Scribe® API, the process for creating a Class file for the Organization entity is as follows:
- Navigate to the TIBCO Scribe® API Swagger documentation.
- Enter your TIBCO Scribe® credentials and click Set.
- Open the Organizations section.
- Open the GET option that returns information about a single Organization based on the Organization ID.
- Enter your TIBCO Scribe® Organization ID in the orgId field and click the Try it out! button.
- Copy all of the text in the Response Body.
- In Visual Studio, open your Connector project and navigate to the Root.css file.
- Highlight everything inside the outermost set of brackets.
- Select Edit > Paste Special > Paste JSON as Classes. The response generated by the API is converted to a class file.
- Use the class file to parse the data returned by the API to the Connector.