Building A TIBCO Scribe® Connector For National Weather Service
Building a Connector with the Integration Framework is a quick way to leverage the power of TIBCO Scribe® to integrate data from one application to another or to simply retrieve data from an application. In this sample project, we walk you through the process of creating a Connector that retrieves today's weather from the National Weather Service.
Use the Weather sample project included with the SDK - Connector Toolkit project download to follow along with a detailed explanation of how this project was created and the thought process behind each step. The process is as follows:
- Determine which application or API you want to use and how to access it. In this case it is the National Weather Service. See Analyzing The National Weather Service Connection.
- Using the information gathered from the application or API documentation, start the Fast Connector Integration Framework, run the Wizard, and generate your base code. See Starting The National Weather Service Project and Generating The National Weather Service Connector Code.
- Review your code and modify as needed. See Reviewing Sample National Weather Service Connector Generated Code.
- Review the Connection Information Code. See Connection Information For National Weather Service.
- Review the Connection Configuration Code. See Connection Configuration For National Weather Service.
- Review the Query code and add classes. See Query Configuration For National Weather Service
- Review the sample serializer code. See Sample ISerializer Implementation.
- Build your Connector project in Visual Studio and deploy it. See Installing A FCF Connector.