Webhook Test Harness Application
Request/Reply Maps are used to provision and configure a hosted RESTful Endpoint, perform operations on any number of existing Connections, and return synchronous responses.
The TIBCO Scribe® Labs — Webhook Test Harness is an open source tool that demonstrates how to interact with TIBCO Scribe® Request/Reply Maps and send these requests to other Connectors.
Copyright (c) 2019, TIBCO Software Inc. All rights reserved.
No Support. You acknowledge that TIBCO will not provide any maintenance or support for this software. You have no right to receive any upgrades, patches, enhancements, bug fixes, new versions or new releases of the software.
Internal Use Only License Grant. TIBCO hereby grants you a limited, non‐transferable, non‐exclusive license to use the software solely for your internal business purposes. The name of TIBCO Software Inc. may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission of TIBCO Software Inc.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
To use and view the Webhook Test Harness you must have a TIBCO Scribe® Organization with Event Solution API access enabled. If you are using this test harness with a Development Sandbox Trial Account, Event Solution API access should already be enabled. To verify or enable access see Enabling Event Solution API Access To TIBCO Scribe®.
Using The TIBCO Scribe® Labs — Webhook Test Harness Application
Access the Webhook Test Harness Application by clicking this link: Run TIBCO Scribe® Labs — Webhook Test Harness.
When you created your trial in the TIBCO Scribe® Sandbox, some sample data was created for you, including:
- Sample CRM Connector
- Webhook - Update CRM (Sample) Solution
- Create or Update CRM System Map
To use the Webhook Test Harness you must first do some work in the TIBCO Scribe® UI.
- Log into TIBCO Scribe®.
- On the Dashboard in the Solutions widget, select the sample Solution labeled Webhook - Update CRM (Sample) to open it.
- Scroll down to the Maps section of the Solution and open the sample Map labeled Create or Update CRM System.
- Select the Wait for Request Block.
- At the bottom of the Properties panel, locate the Endpoint URL: and copy it. This is the URL where the Webhook Test Harness sends a request.
- Open the Webhook Test Harness Application. Run TIBCO Scribe® Labs — Webhook Test Harness
- Scroll down the page and fill in some sample data in the form provided.
- Copy the Endpoint URL from the sample Map in TIBCO Scribe® and paste it into the TIBCO Request/Reply Map URL field.
- Select the SEND IT! button to send the request to your TIBCO Scribe® sample Map.
- In the Webhook Test Harness scroll down to the Response section to view the Request URL, the Request Body, and the Response from TIBCO Scribe®.
- Each time you send a Request, records in your Sample CRM system are updated.
To monitor the execution of your Solution and Map, use the Web API — Reference Application Example — Simple Monitoring 101.
The TIBCO Scribe® Labs — Webhook Test Harness application is available for download. Download TIBCO Scribe® Labs Webhook Test Harness and open the WebhookExample.html file to get started.
Before using this application, log into TIBCO Scribe® and enable Event Solution Access, as follows:
- From the menu, select More > Security.
- From the Security page select Add. A new row displays in the Rule table.
- Make sure the Event Solution Access check box is checked. This grants access TIBCO Scribe® Endpoint URLs for the selected IP Address range.
- Enter a starting and ending range of IP Addresses. Only those IP Addresses are granted access.
Whitelisting IPv6 addresses is not supported. If you enter the entire IPv4 range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255, IPv6 traffic can also access TIBCO Scribe®, however this does pose a security risk by removing the firewall into your TIBCO Scribe® Organization.
- Select Close to exit.
Enabling access takes approximately five minutes to take effect.