Webhook Test Harness Application
Request/Reply Maps are used to provision and configure a hosted RESTful Endpoint, perform operations on any number of existing Connections, and return synchronous responses.
The TIBCO Scribe ® Labs — Webhook Test Harness is an open source tool that demonstrates how to interact with TIBCO Scribe ® Request/Reply Maps and send these requests to other Connectors.
This document contains programming examples provided by TIBCO Scribe ® for illustrative purposes only. TIBCO Scribe ® grants you a nonexclusive copyright license to use all programming code examples from which you can generate similar functionality tailored to your own specific needs.
These examples have not been thoroughly tested under all conditions and are provided to you "AS IS" without any warranties of any kind. Therefore, TIBCO Scribe ® cannot guarantee or imply reliability, serviceability, or functionality of these programs. The implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose are expressly disclaimed.
To use and view the Webhook Test Harness you must have a TIBCO Scribe ® Organization with Event Solution API access enabled. If you are using this test harness with a Development Sandbox Trial Account, Event Solution API access should already be enabled. To verify or enable access see Enabling Event Solution API Access To TIBCO Scribe ®.
Using The TIBCO Scribe ® Labs — Webhook Test Harness Application
Access the Webhook Test Harness Application by clicking this link: Run TIBCO Scribe ® Labs — Webhook Test Harness.
When you created your trial in the TIBCO Scribe ® Platform Sandbox, some sample data was created for you, including:
- Sample CRM Connector
- Webhook - Update CRM (Sample) Solution
- Create or Update CRM System Map
To use the Webhook Test Harness you must first do some work in the TIBCO Scribe ® UI.
- Log into TIBCO Scribe ®.
- On the Dashboard in the Solutions widget, select the sample Solution labeled Webhook - Update CRM (Sample) to open it.
- Scroll down to the Maps section of the Solution and open the sample Map labeled Create or Update CRM System.
- Select the Wait for Request Block.
- At the bottom of the Properties panel, locate the Endpoint URL: and copy it. This is the URL where the Webhook Test Harness sends a request.
- Open the Webhook Test Harness Application. Run TIBCO Scribe ® Labs — Webhook Test Harness
- Scroll down the page and fill in some sample data in the form provided.
- Copy the Endpoint URL from the sample Map in TIBCO Scribe ® and paste it into the TIBCO Request/Reply Map URL field.
- Select the SEND IT! button to send the request to your TIBCO Scribe ® sample Map.
- In the Webhook Test Harness scroll down to the Response section to view the Request URL, the Request Body, and the Response from TIBCO Scribe ®.
- Each time you send a Request, records in your Sample CRM system are updated.
To monitor the execution of your Solution and Map, use the Web API — Reference Application Example — Simple Monitoring 101.
The TIBCO Scribe ® Labs — Webhook Test Harness application is available for download. Download TIBCO Scribe ® Labs Webhook Test Harness and open the WebhookExample.html file to get started.
Before using this application, log into TIBCO Scribe ® and enable Event Solution Access, as follows:
- From the menu, select More > Security.
- From the Security page select Add. A new row displays in the Rule table.
- Make sure the Event Solution Access check box is checked. This grants access TIBCO Scribe ® Endpoint URLs for the selected IP Address range.
- Enter a starting and ending range of IP Addresses. Only those IP Addresses are granted access.
To allow access to IPv6 addresses, enter the entire IPv4 range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.
- Select Close to exit.
Enabling access takes approximately five minutes to take effect.